Sunday, February 21, 2021

Anthony Mundine demands respect from Michael Zerafa

Anthony Mundine wants to retire from boxing on the high of a win over Michael Zerafa.

Mundine, 45, will fight professionally for the 59th, and almost certainly last time, when he meets Zerafa, 17 years younger than the former rugby league start, for the vacant WBA Oceania middleweight title on March 13. Zerafa vs Mundine h2h

“He’s a good fighter, but he nowhere near what he thinks he is,” Mundine said of Zerafa.

“I might not be in the prime of my career but I’m still an elite fighter, and I’m going to show him come the 13th.

“He’s looking past me, he’s disrespected me, and I want to earn that respect on the night.

“I’m going to talk to him throughout the whole night and let him know not to ever disrespect me the way he has.”

Mundine said beating Zerafa would not only prove his critics wrong but also ensure his professional career of more than 20 years ends on a high.

“This will more than likely be my last fight and I just want to go out with a victory,” he said.

Mundine has lost four of his past five fights but is adamant that he beat John Wayne Parr in 2019 and Danny Green in 2017 despite the judges thinking otherwise. Mundine Zerafa live coverage

“I’m not looking to take it to the scorecard, I’m looking to take him (Zerafa) out,” he said.

“I want take it out of the judges hands by stopping him or knocking him out.”

Mundine has spent the past two weeks training in Queensland in a backyard gym at Logan suburb Slacks Creek.

“There are no distractions there. I can get away and focus on my training and my recovery, and get in the best shape I can,” he said.

“It’s the calm before the storm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch stream Tszyu vs Gausha live Boxing AU 2022 March 16th

As revealed earlier this month, WBO mandatory super welterweight challenger Tim Tszyu will headline a March 26th Showtime tripleheader again...